Meet the Owners: Dan & Nancy Morrow
After running Movietime Video for 15 years, Dan and Nancy Morrow weren't sure what their next adventure would be for the 1908 Craftsman house they purchased in 2001. A couple of artist friends told them the building would make a great art gallery and wine tasting room so in July 2016, The Gallery at Ten Oaks was launched.
With neither one being an artist themselves, Dan and Nancy leave the art side of the business to those who know it best - the artists. They focus on the business side of running the gallery. Dan's 30 plus years of software programming and Nancy's 30 plus years of administrative work and event planning provide a perfect blend to running the gallery.
Over 40 artists from Oregon and Washington are represented with over 900 pieces of art to choose from. The Craftsman house is the perfect setting as art can be viewed from the main floor and upstairs - including lit closet areas! On the main floor two Featured Artist shows rotate every two months, and new art is continually arriving and rotating throughout the upstairs. Dan and Nancy welcome you to their gallery and invite you to enjoy a glass of local Oregon wine or a cup of coffee or tea as you browse.
Native to Oregon, Dan and Nancy moved to McMinnville, Oregon, in 2000 after living out-of-state for almost 12 years. They have two grown children, Andrew and Tracy, a grand-dog and 2 grand-cats. They are expecting their first grandchild in October 2020.
History of The Ten Oaks building at 801 SW Baker St, McMinnville, OR 97128
Isham Burnett Dodson (farmer) bought the land from Wayman C. Hembree and wife for $550.00 Block "A" Cozines 3rd Addition. Mr. Dodson was born in Kentucky in 1845 and died in Yamhill on March 15, 1911. He was married to Martha Dodson. They had 6 children. Mr. Dodson gifted the property to son Joseph Bradford Dodson. Joseph had the house built for his wife Nellie Nelson when they got married. The building was built in 1908 and is a Sears house kit (or Craftsman style home). The open upstairs area was Joseph's law office. Nellie was a founding member of the local area Temperance Union, and she went on to be the County Treasurer. Joseph and Nellie had 2 children, and Joseph passed away in 1916. Nellie lived in the house until approximately 1967 when she passed away at the age of 86-87 years old. Her son Eldred died in 2008, at the age of 91.
Eldred Bradford Dodson sold the property to Charles Bridges et al. Bridges put together the "Dodson House Partnership" Trust Deed in December 1975.
Joseph C. Tierce and William F. Nall, co-partnership dba J & B Construction, purchased the property from Charles Bridges, John Briece, Dennis Lindsay, Jerard Weigler.
Delford M. Smith and Michael K. Smith purchased the property from J & B Construction. Evergreen Aviation had offices in the building.
Linfield College purchased the property from the Smiths, naming it the Ten Oaks building and using it for student housing.
Dan and Nancy Morrow purchased the property from Linfield College.